PTA & Parent Council
What is the PTA? Can I be involved?
You are already! Having a child at our school means all parents and guardians automatically become members of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA). There is a committee, which comprises of ordinary parents and carers with children of all ages in the school along with some teachers. Anyone is welcome to join the committee whether you are working or stay at home, a lone parent, male or female, a little shy or very outgoing, any age or background. All you need is to be willing to dedicate a small amount of time and a sense of humour!
Generally we meet once per term to discuss and arrange fundraising with an occasional extra meeting for a particular event. The object of our fundraising is to raise as much money as possible to provide support and enrich the education of every child attending Crombie.
We request that the teaching staff compile a “Wish List” of all items they would like to be purchased by the PTA when funds are available. This gives us all a goal to work towards and with your help and the help of your children we will again manage to grant those wishes.
If you require any further information or would like to get in touch, please either drop a letter off at the school reception or send to PTA, Crombie Primary School, Hay’s Way, Westhill, Aberdeenshire, AB32 6XZ or email email@example.com and we will get in touch.
What does the Parent Council do?
The Parent Council represents all the Parent Forum at Crombie. This includes all the parents and carers of pupils. Our goals are to:
● work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school, that is inclusive for all parents.
● promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all parents.
● develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
● identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
● participate in the appointment of senior staff at the school
● establish links and partnerships with other schools, local businesses and the local community.
How does the PTA differ from the Parent Council?
The PTA and Parent Council work in partnership with each other and the school. The PTA’s objective is to advance the education of Crombie pupils by providing and assisting the provision of educational facilities which are not normally provided by the Local Education Authority. The PTA fundraise throughout the year through social and other events, e.g. Spring Fayre, Bags 2 School, Photo sessions.
What has the Parent Council achieved in the last few years?
We provided a vital link for parents’ input to the school, including:
● Co-ordinated with Aberdeenshire Council to amend/improve pedestrian crossing on Hay’s Way after the introduction of additional double yellow lines. Have path installed at front of school.
● Set up communications with the other four Westhill schools so if necessary, we can provide a united response, on the basis that the more people are involved the more likely bodies like Aberdeenshire Council will take notice.
● Responded on behalf of parents to Aberdeenshire Council’s Curriculum for Excellence.
● Supporting the school to improve the physical state of the school and its facilities.
● Assisted in the appointment of SMT.
● Amend timing of parent /teacher interviews to give more time for feedback.
● Liaising and supporting the school with the School Crossing Patroller.
How can I contact the Parent Council?
You can send a letter to: Parent Council, Crombie Primary School, Hay’s Way, Westhill, Aberdeenshire, AB32 6XZ or email firstname.lastname@example.org